My chess imagination is returning

To some extent, I use games at the local club for much the same purposes as I use games on the internet - trying out new ideas to see what sticks, gauging the way that I'm playing overall, and trying to find out just how well I think I'll play when I return to high-level events.

And from the way I played on Thursday, I'm getting cautiously optimistic. Not just because I won all three of my games, but because I was seeing tactical ideas, which has been a weakness of mine over the past few years, and I was willing to consider unusual moves. It may be some time yet, but I'll be returning to the big time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

West is Best at the 4NCL, Rounds 1-2, 22-23 October 2022

Great Players: Ignatz von Kolisch

British Championship 2022, Round 9